Steam Engines For Sale
Terms and Conditions
1) The "Website" is http://www.steam-engines-for-sale.com.
2) A "Member" is an individual who has signed up and joined a "Membership" with the "Website".
3) "Membership" is the type of membership a "Member" belongs to.
4) "Membership 2012" is a type of "Membership". Please view the "Membership" section on the Terms and Conditions page for more information.
5) The "Website moderator" for the "Website" is contactable by using the "Contact Us" section under the "Support" menu.
7) "Listing" or "Listings" are items "For Sale" or "Wanted" on the "Website" that have been put on by a "Member".
8) "Password" is a secret password used by a "Member" to gain access to the "Member's" menu. The "Members" email address is also required.
1) "Membership 2012" : This "Membership" is a free "Membership" and is valid until 31.12.2012. This "Membership" is for private "Listings" only. Please note 2012 memberships have been extended to include 2013. This is done automatically for existing members.
2) Membership of this site is conditional upon on the proposed member supplying valid name and address details. You cannot be a member of this site and register anonymously or using an alias.Memberships which do not comply with this are held in an 'invalid' folder and access to member areas are denied.
3) Membership of this site is solely at the discretion of the site owners/administrators and as such, there is no automatic right to membership by anybody others than by the administrators themselves.
4) Membership to this site can be refused or terminated by the administrators of the site at any time and without obligation on the part of the administrators to give reason or to enter into discussion on the matter.
5) The "Membership" types are subject to change without notice and the details of the "Membership" types are available on this page.
6) We will remind you 30 days before your "Membership" expires. If you do not renew by the expiry date of your "Membership" it will be deemed as lapsed.
7) If your "Membership" lapses, you have a grace period of 60 days to renew, otherwise your "Membership" will be cancelled.
8) After your "Membership" is cancelled you will not be able to access the "Website" as a "Member" and all current "Listings" will be automatically archived. You can re-apply for a "Membership" at any time by clicking here.
9) You can cancel a "Membership" at any time. For more details on how to cancel the "Membership", please view the Frequently Asked Questions.
1) "Listings" may be moderated or edited by the "Website moderator" at any time.
2) This site is solely for the use of its private members and as such we do not accept any WANTED listings which are of a trade or business nature. All WANTED listings placed by private members must be for a specific item. LISTINGS which expand the scope of what you are looking for are not allowed. For example: if you say 'wanted 7.25 Brittania' loco, you cannot then go on to say 'will consider XY or Z' or anything considered etc. Even if you are 'private', any listing which reads like a trade listing will not appear.
3) This site is solely for the use of its private members in regard to the placing of listings. A maximum of 3 FOR SALE listings are permitted for any one member. The Admin of the site reserve the right to remove any listings which may or may not be of a trade or business nature.
4) All WANTED listings placed by private members must be for a specific item. LISTINGS which expand the scope of what you are looking for are not allowed. For example: if you say 'wanted 7.25 Brittania' loco, you cannot then go on to say 'will consider XY or Z' or anything considered etc. Even if you are 'private', any listing which reads like a trade listing will not appear.
5) The "Website moderator" reserves the right and has the final say in changing any listing information it deems inappropriate or unsuitable in any way. "Listings" that do not comply with the "Website" Terms and Conditions may also be removed.
6) Sold "Listings" will have the "Members" contact information removed immediately. To make an item as sold, please refer to the Frequently asked Questions.
7) "Listings" will remain live for a maximum of 365 days, after which they will be automatically be moved to the archive section of the "Website". "Listings" can be marked by the "Member" as sold at any time. If the "Member" cancels their "Membership", all their remaining live "Listings" are automatically moved to the archive section of the "Website".
8) "Listings" marked a sold will automatically be moved to the archived section of the "Website" no later than 60 days from the day the "Listing" is marked as sold. "Members" contact details are removed from all sold "Listings".
9) Archived "Listings" are kept on the site for information only. The "Members" contact details are removed from the "Website" for their privacy.
1) Trade "Listings" are currently not allowed on the "Website".
1) The password you choose is encrypted on our system and cannot be reverse engineered. This means only you know the password. If you lose your password you will need to follow the procedure outlined in the Frequently Asked Questions.
2) "Members" are responsible for keeping their login information secret and not letting other people use their membership or details.
1) The "Website" cannot be held responsible in any way for the suitability or safety of any goods subsequently bought or sold as a result of using this "Website", nor can they be held responsible for any financial loss however incurred including for any accidents, incidents or personal injury to either themselves or others, occasioned whilst operating steam or steam related equipment bought or sold from "Listings" on this "Website".
2) Disputes between parties put into contact either directly or indirectly as a result of using this "Website" must be resolved by the parties themselves and shall not be the responsibility of the "Website".
3) Avoid scammers and becoming the victim of fraud. You must take precautions when buying or selling goods and services on the internet including on this "Website" to protect yourself against becoming the victim of scams and fraud. No one else can do this for you. There are numerous information websites on the internet where you can read up on the various scams. Type in 'internet scam' - 'internet fraud' etc. in your search bar. You will find plenty to read!
4) Steam engines and steam boilers (pressure vessels) can be dangerous to use or operate and all persons are reminded that suitable experience and precautions are needed to be taken by themselves to ensure that all aspects of safety are taken before operating such equipment.
5) You use this "Website" entirely at your own risk and on condition that you accept all the above Terms and Condition.
1) If you are reading a paper copy of the Terms and Conditions, they may not be the latest version. Please view the latest Terms and Conditions at the following website address : http://www.steam-engines-for-sale.com/terms_and_conditions.html.